I am a senior, what credits and deductions can I claim?
Along with common federal tax credits and deductions (such as the amount for medical expenses, tax credit for donations, and moving expenses), you might be able to claim one or more of the following amounts:
Note: This isn’t a complete list. Refer to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) website for more information on the amounts you can claim.
Depending on your province or territory of residence, you might also be eligible to claim the following:
- British Columbia’s home renovation tax credit for seniors and persons with disabilities
- Manitoba seniors’ school tax rebate
- New Brunswick seniors’ home renovation tax credit
- Newfoundland and Labrador seniors’ benefit
- Ontario senior homeowners’ property tax grant
- Québec independent living tax credit for seniors
- Québec tax credit for home-support services for seniors
- Tax credit for Québec seniors’ activities
- Québec tax credit for workers 61 or older
- Saskatchewan senior supplementary amount