T1032: Joint election to split pension income

The T1032 form is used if you (the pensioner or the transferring spouse) want to split your eligible pension income with your spouse or common-law partner (the pension transferee or the receiving spouse). By splitting your eligible pension income, you can:

  • Lower your tax payable
  • Give your lower income spouse access to the pension income amount or increase their credit amount
  • Reduce or stop your Old Age Security repayments

Note: If you’re a Québec resident, you’ll need to complete Schedule Q: Retirement Income Transferred to Your Spouse. This form is combined with the fields of the federal T1032 in the Splitting your pension income section of your return in H&R Block’s tax software.