Statement of business or professional activities (T2125 and TP-80)

If you were self-employed in 2023, use the T2125: Statement of business or professional activities form to report your income and expenses for the year.

Note: If you’re filing a Québec tax return, you’ll also have to complete a TP-80-V: Business or professional income and expenses in Québec form. Fortunately, the T2125 and TP-80-V forms are combined in H&R Block's tax software.

As a self-employed individual, you have until June 15, 2024 to file your return. Your return is considered on time if the CRA receives it or if it is postmarked, on or before the next business day.

However, if you owe taxes to the government, you will need to pay it before April 30, 2024. If you and your spouse are preparing your returns together and only one of you is self-employed, you can still file both returns by June 15th if any balance owing is paid by April 30, 2024.