TP-1086.R.23.12-V: Costs Incurred for Work on an Immovable

During the year, if you paid to renovate, improve, maintain, or repair a property in Québec that you used to run a business or earn income, you’ll need to complete a TP-1086.R.23.12-V form to report these expenses. Your property could be a building, a structure, or land in Québec.

You need to provide information of every person or business you hired to carry out work on your property except:

  • An operator of a gas, telecommunications, or electricity distribution network
  • A government body or
  • You or one of your employees

If you don’t file a TP-1086.R.23.12-V with your tax return, you’ll be fined $200 for every person or business you don’t provide information for. Similarly, anyone who doesn’t provide you with the information you need will be fined $500.

Note: If you paid for the work outlined above, you must file a TP-1086.R.23.12-V even if you aren’t required to file a tax return this year.