How can I transfer my unused federal tuition amounts to my spouse, common-law partner, or relative?

Before you can transfer any of your federal tuition amounts to an eligible family member, you must first figure out how much of a credit is available to you, as well as the amount you’ll need to reduce your own federal tax payable. H&R Block’s tax software calculates these amounts for you once you’ve entered the information from your from your tax certificate (such as a T2202, TL11A, or TL11C) into the software.