T4A: Pension, retirement, annuity and other income

You’ll receive a T4A: Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income slip for payments from any of the following income sources:

  • Pension, superannuation, or annuities
  • Lump-sum payments
  • COVID-19 support payments
  • Repayments of COVID-19 support payments
  • Self-employed commissions
  • Registered education savings plan (RESP) educational assistance payments or accumulated income payments (AIPs)
  • Other income such as research grants, scholarships, medical travel assistance, and Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) income
  • You can find a complete list of other income sources on the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) website.

​​Generally, you’ll only receive a T4A slip from the payer of these income sources if the total of the payments was more than $500 in the year or if income tax was deducted from the payments.

Tax tip: If you received more than one T4A slip, be sure to report each one separately on your tax return.