Northern Residents Deductions (T2222 and TP-350.1-V)

If you lived in the northern regions of Canada for at least 6 consecutive months, you might be able to claim a residency deduction and/or the deduction for travel benefits on your tax return using on your tax return using the Northern residents deduction (T2222) form.

Note: If you're a Québec resident, you can also claim the related provincial deductions on your Québec tax return, by completing the TP-350.1-V form. Fortunately, the T2222 and the TP-350.1-V forms are combined in H&R Block’s tax software.