I don’t have a T2202 slip for the examination fees I paid. How do I claim this?

If you paid examination fees to take an occupational, trade, or professional exam to obtain a professional status or to be licensed or certified as a tradesperson, so that you can practice the profession or trade in Canada, the amount might be eligible for the Tuition tax credit.

Note: You must have paid this fee to an educational institution, professional association, provincial ministry, or another similar institution and received an official receipt for it.

To claim your examination fees in H&R Block's tax software, you’ll need to follow these steps:

  1. On the left navigation menu, under the Credits & deductions tab, click Tax Topics.
  2. In the Claim your credits, deductions, and expenses section, click Continue.

  3. In the Unused tuition amounts and student loans box, click the Add This Topic button.

  4. Click the Students tab on the left navigation menu.
  1. Under the CREDIT AMOUNTS heading, select the checkbox labelled Exam fees for licensing or certification.

  2. When you arrive at the selected page, enter your information into the tax software.