TP-752.PC-V: Tax credit for career extension

You can claim the Tax credit for career extension (TP-752.PC-V) if you earned eligible income (such as employment income, net business income, net amount from research grants, Wage Earner Protection Payments, and amounts received under a work-incentive program) and, if on December 31, 2021 you were:

  • A resident of Québec and
  • 60 years or older

The tax credit you can claim depends on your eligible income for the year and your age on December 31, 2021. The maximum amount you can claim is:

  • $1,500 if you were between 60 and 64 years
  • $1,650 if you were 65 years or over

Note: Any work income you earned before you turned 60 in the year is subtracted from your eligible work income that qualifies for this tax credit.

If your eligible work income for the year is more than $35,205, the tax credit is reduced by 5% of the amount that is over $35,205. However, this doesn’t apply if you’re over 68 years of age and your tax credit amount is $600 or less.