Dependant's physical or artistic activities

Important: The federal children’s fitness tax credit and children’s arts amount was eliminated in 2017.

If you’re a resident of Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Prince Edward Island, Québec, or the Yukon, and your child was enrolled in a prescribed physical or fitness activity (like soccer, skating, swimming, hockey, etc.) or an arts program (like a music class, performing arts, language classes, etc.) during the year, you might be able to claim the provincial cost of registering your child in these programs.  Remember to keep all your expense receipts in case the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) asks to see them later.

Click the links below for more information on claiming your provincial fitness tax credit and arts amount:

*Note: If you’re a resident of Manitoba, you might be able to claim the fitness amount for yourself (if you’re under the age of 25) and your spouse or common-law partner (if they’re between 18 to 24 years of age).