Moving expenses

If, in 2023, you moved at least 40 kilometres closer (by the shortest usual public route) to a new location to work, to run a business, or to take courses as a full-time student in a post-secondary program, you might be able to claim a moving expenses deduction on the T1-M: Moving Expenses Deduction form.

Note: If you’re filing a Québec return, you’ll also need to complete the TP-348-V: Moving Expenses form. Fortunately, both the T1-M and TP-348-V forms are combined in H&R Block’s tax software.