What is the CRA My Account and how do I register for it?

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)’s My Account is a secure portal that lets you view and manage your tax-related and benefits information online. If you have a CRA My Account, you’ll be able to use the Auto-fill my Return (AFR) service in H&R Block’s tax software to automatically complete parts of your tax return with information the CRA has on file for you.

Note: If you and your spouse are preparing your returns together and your spouse has a CRA My Account, your spouse will need to sign into their own CRA My Account. If they’re not available to sign in, they won’t be able to use the AFR service.

With the CRA My Account, you can also:

  • View the following on the CRA website:
    • detailed status of your tax return
    • your notice of assessment (NOA) or reassessment (NOR)
    • your unused or carryforward amounts (such as unused tuition amounts, RRSP contributions, etc.) from previous years
    • your Home Buyers’ Plan (HBP) and LifeLong Learning Plan (LLP) details
    • your benefits’ status and payments
  • Download your information slips
  • Request an Express NOA
  • Start and/or manage your direct deposit details
  • Change your personal information
  • Receive online mail

Note: This is not a complete list. Refer to the CRA website for a full list of services you can access with the My Account.